Friday, June 20, 2014

Not Just Your Average Document Camera Stand

So about a month and a half ago (slacker, I know), I received a DEWEY document camera stand from the company known as Copernicus Educational Products.
In my classroom, I had a SMARTBoard and I had an iPad. But, when I wanted to project things onto the board, I had to grab a helper to hold the iPad in the air so that it would mirror onto the SMARTBoard.

Not only did that take time to do that, but it also took the hands-on learning time away from the student holding the iPad. I had had ENOUGH.

I had to get ahold of a reputable company and well, Copernicus was it!

They sent me this FANTASTIC product called the DEWEY. It's a document camera stand that you can put your own iPad into and it helps make it project objects up onto the board using your Camera app or whatever app you want.
I do have to say that I am in LOVE with my stand. My students are also in love. They love being able to manipulate it and actually USE it. It's that hands-on aspect that I think they love so much.

So, to show a little bit more of how much I enjoy the document camera stand, I made a video expressing my love!! Watch below :)

This little contraption is going to be a huge hit in EVERY single classroom from here on out. It's a great piece of technology and I thoroughly enjoy it.

The ONE negative that I've experienced is that it gets a little bit wobbly. But, if that's the only negative than I could not be MORE thrilled to have such a great product in my classroom to use with my students.

Check out the product by clicking either picture above and maybe you'll fall just as in love with the Dewey as I did!!

All opinions expressed on this post are of my own. Copernicus Educational Products supplied me with free product, but opinions are 100% my own.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks so wonderful, I need to get my hands on one. A quick question, is it adjustable in height in case you want to zoom in and out when projecting sheets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I am hoping that you are able to see this!! It is adjustable for the means of zooming in and out! I love this little baby.

      Delete
  2. I would love to get one. There is no document camera in my class and was told I need to purchase it myself. How did you request one?

    ReplyDelete

I love love love receiving comments. I read each and every one of them! I also will try to respond to each one.. either on here or through e-mail! LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...